Are there any types of medical care that will need to be pre-certified?

If you find yourself in a medical crisis that requires any of the below services, we urge you to call the Insurance carrier. This is because the majority of travel policies include language requiring pre-certification.

– Diagnostic procedures such as PET scans, MRI, CT, or MRA tests

– Any Inpatient surgery

– Any Outpatient surgery

– Physical and occupational therapy

– Radiation treatments

– Chemotherapy treatments

– Home Health Care

– Home Infusion Therapy

Please be aware; if you do not follow the proper pre-certification steps, then your medical care may not be covered.

Be sure to review your policy terms for a full list of procedures and treatments requiring pre-certification.