All the Travel Medical Insurance plans either fall into the Fixed/Limited or Comprehensive coverage category.
Fixed Coverage Plans:
- Plans are low in budget, provide limited coverage as the name of the plan suggests, and they are also easygoing as per the requirement of going to any doctor you wish, but payment of pre-defined dollar amount is essential with the facility.
- These plans may not be adequate, as they cater to the basic requirements only. Benefits associated with the plan are also limited—good enough to define the lower cost budget.
- The limited coverage plans have pre-defined rates and treatment service; they may or may not link this facility to a PPO network—which means you can visit any doctor as per the decided policy to be implemented.
- This is a low-on-cost premium plan with no travel-related coverage.
Comprehensive Coverage Plans:
- These plans are better and more advanced, which provides much better and flexible coverage. It offers more coverage with lower risk on the amount—most of it is the responsibility of the insurance company offering visitors insurance.
- Where there is ease, flexibility, and good coverage, there is also a good cost linked to this plan. It is costly as compared to the limited coverage plan. Offers a great deal of benefits as compared to the limited coverage plan; its coverage is highly recommended, mostly suitable for higher risks.
- The linked benefit of this plan is the PPO network offer, which gives a good pathway to your insurance needs. Liability is deductible, and the PPO network gives out discounted rates too. With a comprehensive coverage plan, it is better to follow the PPO network; otherwise, you can also visit any doctor of your choice. With high-end facilities come high premium too. Hence this plan is costly but includes sufficient added benefits.
- There is also a better need of travel facilities addressed in this plan; the users get good coverage with facilities such as insurance bundles; offers help in case of trip cancellations, baggage loss, etc.